18 June 2008

The Final Trip

Well, I'm back from my last trip I'll take for the next 3 years that I won't have to worry about car seats and bottles and diapers. All in all it was a good trip. The only bad part being that I was sick. Just a little head cold but enough to knock me on my butt for a few days. If only I could have taken a sudafed to relieve the pressure in my head. I was close at one point to take one despite being told by the doctor that no decongestants are allowed. The baby won out and I dealt with the headache and all the other pleasant cold symptoms. I unfortunately don't have many pictures to share from my baby shower because my nephew had my camera and I forgot to tell him to press down half way to focus first so most of the pictures look like this:
But it was a blast. It was probably the worst day for my cold so I was feeling pretty miserable and then I think having clogged ears messed with me a little and I was getting car sick just getting to the place so I wasn't in the best of moods at first, but how can you feel miserable when all those presents, I mean people, arrive! We got so much good stuff for the baby. Lots and lots of little baby girl outfits. I shipped all the small stuff home and all the big stuff had to be returned and bought again at my local-ish Babies R Us. I've already put most of the stuff away and assembled everything that needs assembly. Except for the high chair. I figure I don't need that until she's a few months old anyway, but I may do it anyway since the playyard was missing pieces and I'm worried if the high chair is and I wait 5 months to even take it out of the box then I'll never find the receipt and be able to get the missing pieces. Plus I just like putting stuff together, I feel like I'm actually don't something to get ready for this kid.

So, some of the highlights of presents were everything from my sisters and mom. My mom made a gorgeous quilt in bright pinks and greens. Gloria made a pinwheel blanket in pastels. Valerie tie dyed a bunch of onesies and made washcloths, a hat, and a sweater out of yarn she dyed. Another highlight was a seahorse teether, I don't know why, but I love it. And one of my mom's friends that I've known my whole like put along with her present a framed picture of me when I was 6 or 7. My sweetie took it and put it on our dresser already. I promise I'll post pictures of all this stuff soon, I've just been so busy the last 2 days catching up with housework and finding home for all the baby stuff.

During the shower we skipped all the silly games and did a craft instead. While I was opening the presents, everyone was decorating clothes. Some came out pretty good. I can't quite do it justice in writing so you'll have to wait for pictures.

Here is a picture that I've been meaning to post for a while, the latest February sweater:
You can never make too many of these!

So, while I enjoyed spending many an hour on the couch cuddling with this little thing:
It's nice to be back home.

Stay tuned for pictures of lots of baby stuff in a few days!!

1 comment:

Origami Angel said...

Hi Julie, Have you seen this? http://www.flintknits.com/blog/?p=151
Yes, it is an adult-sized version of your new favorite sweater that you can never have too many of! Do I foresee a matching mother/daughter ensemble in the near future? Hmm...
Cheers, Kristy