16 December 2007

An FO that I can actually blog about

I actually finished something that I can blog about. It's the first time in a while.

Pattern: Calorimetry
Yarn: Paton's SWS in Natural Navy
Needles: US8
Modifications: I cast on 100 instead of 120 and I did about 10 repeats of row 5 instead of 15.
I think it came out pretty good. I plan on making 2 more, they will be for my female in-laws. I have one more skein of SWS in another color and a skein of Noro Kureyon. It's a pretty quick knit. Everyone on ravelry was saying it took them 2 hours so I must be a super slow knitter since it took me about 4 hours. Maybe the next one will go much quicker.

I'm also still working on one of my sisters presents. I spent a while yesterday working on my craft room. I got everything moved from the guest room down 2 floors to the basement. My sweetie helped by moving the bookcases for me. I've started straightening up but there's still a pile of miscellaneous craft material (like cross-stitch and soap making) that I don't have a place for yet. And I need to get a new sewing table because the mover's broke my old one. I also really want a permanent cutting table so I don't have to take over the dining room table whenever I have a project going. I think that will have to wait until we get a new dining room set cause then I can take the old table and use that.

I'm cleaning up my blog a bit so there will be no more finished object list. I figure anyone who's going to look for an old finished object is probably on ravelry anyway and updating that list is just pain in the butt!

I'm off to play in the snow with the pups! Can't wait for that damn fence to be built!!!!

No comments: