07 August 2007

Secret Pal Questions

Here's my questionnaire for my secret pal!!

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I've become a bit of a yarn snob and only knit with natural fibers. No acrylic for me!

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My needles are all in their original plastic packaging that they came in and they're all stored in a basket. I keep meaning to make a needle case but I can't come up with a good design yet. . . one of these days.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting 3 or 4 years. I'm self taught from books and the internet. I guess I'm intermediate. I can handle cables but I'm not so great at lace yet.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wishlist.

5. What's your favorite scent?
Currently clean linen. But I also love vanilla, lemongrass, sandalwood.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a ginormous sweet tooth. My favorite is white chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I'm a quilter. I can do some spinning on a drop spindle, but it's not my favorite thing to do.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most everything but rap and country. I don't listen to much music though because all my CDs were stolen and I haven't replaced them yet, I listen to podcasts all the time. My computer can play MP3s. I have a few CDs on my Amazon wishlist if you would like to see what I like.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color is yellow, but I seem to always wear green. I'm not a big fan of very loud colors and being a redhead I can't wear reds or pinks.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married, with no kids (but hopefully soon!) and 2 large (60 pound) dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, and mittens. No ponchos for me. I live in a pretty warm climate so heavy duty hats and mittens are rarely needed.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Currently, SOCKS!!! I've been bitten by the sock bug big time.

13. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks, an irish hiking scarf, and a sweater for my husband.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
But of course!! They're the best kind of gifts!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I love the knit picks needles. I'm a circular girl, except for socks. I knit those on DPNs. I would like to try the magic loop method though. I've got the book but no 40" needles smaller than a size US4.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I have both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Probably over a year, the sweater for my husband.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and fabric.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm subscribed to knit.1 and vogue. I'd love to subscribe to interweave. I'd love to get the sensational knitted socks books. Some 40" needles in size US1 or 2. Socks that rock sock yarn or sundara sock yarn or pippi knee socks sock yarn, pretty much any indie dyed sock yarn.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm going to start a great american aran afghan soon so I'm going to learn lots of new cable techniques. And I'd really like to give lace another chance.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter, almost done with my second pair. I'm a size 7.

23. When is your birthday?
May 19th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, I'm pinsandneedles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could you please post a link to your Amazon wish list?

Thanks!