11 July 2007

Finished Socks!

WooHoo!!!! I finished my first pair of socks. Just like everyone I've been listening to on podcasts, I'm over the self striping yarn. It was my first pair though and I didn't want to use some nice yarn since I really didn't think I'd ever finish these things! I'm ready for another pair of socks!! I'm going to try the breeze pattern from knitty next. It's an ankle sock with lace so it should be a quick way to try out some lace since it's normally not my friend.
Pattern: Basic sock (on label for yarn)
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes, color Purple Pattern
Needles: Size 2, bamboo DPNs
And here's the progress on the hip in hemp skirt for my niece
I'm just finishing the last row of the 4th repeat. This is the first repeat with a little bit of lace. 2 more to go. This is knitting up so fast, although it's starting to get a little boring so it may slow down a little.

No comments: