22 September 2006

Puuuuuups!!!

My pups are now officially monsters!!! I made the horrible mistake of leaving my 100% alpaca yarn and partially knit clapotis in a bag in the den while my dogs were both in a bit of a frenzy (there were tons of squirrels outside and lots of garbage trucks. . . one loves squirrels, the other is terrified of trucks). This is the result:

They chewed the remaining needle (the other one has been lost in the backyard after they ran around with it), all 5 of the double pointed needles, and the instructions. My friend Erica is going to help me salvage it. The good news is it didn't unravel since part of the needle is still in the stitches. The really bad news is that if you look at the upper right of the scarf, the yarn has been torn!

On a happier note, here is my first knit-a-long dishcloth. I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's a cool little pyramid, diamond thing. I can't wait for next months. I got some yellow yarn since my kitchen is mostly green and yellow towels and mats.

I went to Michaels today to get some replacement needles (metal this time!) and I found this cool yarn. It's so soft! Patons SWS (soy with stripes). It's wool and soy. It supposedly felts well. I think it will look great as a felted bag. So much for not buying any more yarn for a while!