13 September 2006

Beginning Clapotis

Ok, so I haven't posted in a very long time. I've been very busy though. I'm working on my dissertation, which honestly doesn't take up much time as compared to our pups. They are a handful and require a whole lot of exercise and attention. I love em though and they're keeping me occupied while my husband is over in Iraq.

I've been slowly working on my first pair of socks. I turned the heel and everything and now I've got to do like 6 or 7 inces of straight knitting and it's pretty boring, so it's being put on the back burner. And it's only the first sock! It's going to take forever.


I got some new yarn though and just had to make something with it. My sister suggested the Clapotis pattern from Knitty and I think it's looking real good so far. I'm using 100% alpaca. It's all natural, undyed yarn in three colors that are spun together. I love it!! I did one one repeat of section 2 and I'm not sure how many I will do of section 3. It's going really quick though. I'm glad I'm doing the smaller scarf size one, other wise the stripes wouldn't be so nice. It would probably go half a row before changing color. I've dropped 2 stitches so far and it looks pretty good. My sister's looked real good without blocking, but mine will definitely need to be blocked.

Here's a detail of the stitches and dropped stitches. It will look much better when it's blocked and the dropped stitches will be straighter.

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some real progress to post soon!