22 August 2008

Baby Update

Here is a baby update for all you great people who actually read my blog but I don't get to call everyday!

She's doing great! No I haven't had her yet, but she's the perfect size and moving just as much as she should be and has a nice strong heartbeat. BUT, she's breech. This little girl just doesn't want to flip! I'm thinking at this point I would probably feel it if she does flip, I mean she isn't just this thing floating in me anymore, she's pretty well packing in there. Apparently she wants to take after her Daddy though, who I was told was breech with his butt down and legs crossed, I guess he really didn't want out!

I did have high hopes of getting to meet her sometime this week, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I went to the Dr. on Tuesday for my weekly appt. I was told that "my cervix hasn't been invited to the party yet", meaning don't count on labor anytime soon! But, my blood pressure had spiked a bit and was borderline the last few appts. They did some blood work to make sure it was just gestational hypertension and that it hasn't developed into preeclampsia. I was told at the appt that I would get a call the next day and that if the results were bad that we'd be having a c-section in the next 2 to 3 days. I got a little nervous about the whole c-section thing, but I was also pretty excited to finally meet her. But, everything came back fine and no c-section this week.

The next appt is on Tuesday where I will be 38 weeks and 3 days along. I'll keep everyone updated but keep your fingers crossed for some flipping and for that invitation to my cervix, otherwise a c-section is still looming on the horizon.

No comments: