30 April 2008

An Overdue Thank You

About a week ago I received a great package in the mail but I keep forgetting to post the picture. I set up a little swap with someone from Ravelry, Silja, if you listen to She-Knits or Yarn Thing then you've heard of her! Well, she's over in Norway and doesn't have access to some of the things in the US, like Knit Picks yarns since they don't ship internationally. I offered to order a couple of skeins of laceweight yarn for her and send it to her and in exchange she would send me something. I just asked for anything she thinks I wouldn't be able to get in the US. She came through big time!!
She sent me a skein of yarn in grays that looks like it's going to work up just gorgeously. And it came just as my lace obsession is really getting into full swing. She also sent a wide variety of stitch markers, a few regular ones, a few that clip on to the work, and one that says "JOIN" for anything in the round. And what I think is my favorite thing (well, I haven't actually knit with the yarn yet so it's not fair to say yet), a needle holder. It's got one large pocket and then lots of small ones, perfect for my knit picks options tips and cables! I love it, love it, love it! Some of the stuff she sells on her Etsy shop so go check it out.

So, what's on my needles at the moment. Another February Sweater. I finished all my grocery bags and I'm using the same needles for the February Sweaters as I am for the Branching Out Scarf. I'll get back to the scarf eventually, first I have lots of sweaters to make. I'll be casting on for the Voyager Lace Stole as soon as I get the yarn mailed to me from my parents (I'm not holding my breath for that one!) And I got the yarn to start making Starsky, but since I'm making it for post-baby and post-diet, I'm not in any rush to start it.

2 comments:

YarnThing said...

OH...I just love SILJA!!!!

Cool Stuff!!!

xoxox
marly

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it! Cant wait to see what you do with the yarn!