30 August 2007

Some dreams do come true

Unfortunately it was my knitting nightmare! I went to my knitting group last night and was somehow distracted enough that I worked a cable in the wrong direction. Now, I have been listening to podcasts a lot lately and they have been interviewing the author of Knit Fix or reviewing the book (maybe these are old podcasts, I don't know how long ago the book came out and I'm listening to new and year old podcasts right now). Anyway, the author uses as her example of something in her book if you work a cable the wrong direction and need to fix it. Well, I could not believe that anyone would work a cable the wrong way and not notice it for so long that you have to drop stitches instead of tinking. Little did I know how easy that was to do! I managed to work the cable the wrong way and didn't notice it until it was time to work the next cable, which is 4 rows away with some increases in those 4 rows. I think a trip to the bookstore is necessary and I'll be the proud owner of Knit Fix before the weekend!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Yikes!!! Time to learn how to fix your mistakes, huh? It's not as hard as you think.... I made a mistake in your shawl that I didn't notice til like ten rows later, so I had to drop the stiches & fix them. Of course, I was in NH at the time and couldn't go on-line for guidance!!! I don't think you'll be able to tell where the mistake is...