28 May 2007

Picture pages, picture pages, lots of fun with picture pages

OK, here are a few pictures with no updates from my last post cause I haven't even picked up a set of needles since then.

First of all, here is a picture of my husband's sweater. At least part of it. This is the back.
Here's the beginning of one arm. Yes the arm is supposed to be another color, see! The picture is pretty horrible, but there is a cable running down the arm. It's 3 cables, the ones on either side pass under the middle one making it look like it's just pinched.
And now the hat that I got as a kit when me, my mom, and my sister went to a quilt festival. It was supposed to be solid yellowish, but I was getting bored with it and I added a green stripe. Unfortunately it's getting quite a ladder when I change needles. I seem to have gotten a little lazy about 10 rows ago and didn't realize it until I went to take pictures. Oh, and the yarn is in a yarntainer I got from my mom as part of my birthday present. It's pretty handy already.
This is the yarn I spun all by myself! It's my first attempt so I didn't quite get it even. And there's less then 20 yards so I have no idea what I'll do with it. This is the yarn from my sister that I got as a Christmas/birthday present. I think this will become a hat. I need to spin something that coordinates to have enough for a hat though. If you can't tell, that's an orange and a brown spun together along with a shimmery orange strand. It's really nice and a yarn I can actually use to make MYSELF a hat since it won't clash with the red hair! I can't wait.

That's all for now. More stuff when I get around to it. My husband and I are trying to get our house ready to sell though so there isn't much in the way of free time here. I just spent all day today power washing our deck. It looks gorgeous and I have nothing else to do until 8 tonight, but I just don't seem to have the energy to actually knit. I think I'll lay on the couch and veg out for a few hours!