19 October 2005

Long time no write

Well, it's been quite a long time since my last post. I was working frantically on my surprise projects to try to finish them by my wedding day (Oct. 2). But it didn't happen of course. They are no longer a surprise. I was making shawls for my 4 bridesmaids. I finished 3 of them, but of course forgot to take any pictures of them before I gave them away. I'm still working on the last one, it's getting there. I've got 63 rows done and no longer have the wedding to occupy all my time so it should go a litlte quicker now. I'm doing about 110 rows on it, but it adds 4 stitches every other row so it seems to go on forever. I'm gonna try my hardest to get it done by the end of the month, but that may be hard. But, I left the last one for my sister who is also a knitter, that way just in case I didn't finish in time, maybe she would understand just how much time these things take and not feel like I didn't try my hardest!

The wedding was perfect, not a thing to complain about! But this isn't a wedding blog, this is all about crafts!! Oh, a craft related wedding surprise for me . . . my mom made me a wedding quilt. It's gorgeous! I'll get a picture up ASAP. It's a log cabin with a heart design all done in neutrals. We hung it up at the wedding and took some portraits in front of it.

Priority of projects:
1. finish shawl for my matron of honor
2. charity quilt for a silent auction. Not sure when I need it done by, but I believe the middle of November. (I have yet to pick out a pattern/fabric for this project, but I know I'm doing a wall hanging.)
3. hat for me - I need a hat to go running in and I can't stand the idea of buying one!
4. sweater for neice - I've got all the yarn/needles/pattern for this, just need the time.

That's all I have planned at the moment.

No comments: