26 August 2005

First Sweater

I decided to try to make a sweater. I made this for my nephew since it would take the least amount of yarn (he's a little guy!) I used homespun yarn, 2 skeins colonial blue, 1 skein cream. It worked up very quickly. The front, back, and sleeves were worked up as flat pieces then sewn together. I then had to pick up stitches along the collar and knit a few rows of stockinette so it would roll over. The cuffs and bottom are done in garter and the rest is stockinette. The pattern was on the label of the homesupn yarn and is also available on the lion brand website.
I'm gonna try to make one for my niece now. A little pullover with a front pocket and a hood. I can't find the yarn that it calls for in the store, but I'm going to order it online. It'll be bright pink, perfect for a little girlie girl!!

No comments: