12 July 2008

8 months down!

Yesterday officially ended my 8th month of pregnancy and started month # 9! I'm getting kinda tired of being preggers. I still enjoy feeling her kick, but I don't enjoy the sigh that I can't help when I need to bend over to pick up the dog bowls! I'm getting so big even my pajama pants are getting uncomfortable. I'm in my 33rd week and the baby will be "term" when she's 36 weeks. I'd be completely fine with her coming then!! I think I'm all ready for her. Her bedroom is all set up. Just waiting for the last few things my sister is bringing out in a couple weeks, the bassinet and the glider.

The baby took a few days off from moving, which warranted a trip to the doctor for a non-stress test that turned out normal. Since then she's stopped kicking me with any real force and now just twists and turns and leans. The doc said she's running out of room in there. Our next appt is the final ultrasound to make sure everything is ok and that she's in a good position. I can't wait, I love ultrasounds!!

We took the first childbirth class, which was pretty pointless if you've ever watched a baby story on TLC, but it did help to calm some fears and I'm not so freaked out about getting to the hospital on time and my sweetie having to deliver the baby in a corn field on the side of the road! I'm also considering more and more the idea of natural childbirth. The plan right now is to go natural for as long as I can. I really want to option of walking around and don't want to be stuck in a bed for hours, but I also don't want to be disappointed if I get an epidural so I'm being very open and flexible to everything.

OK, well, that's it for now, I just felt like writing a bit since my sweetie is off watching Book TV. Yes, Book TV. It's about some feminist stuff, which normally is good for guys to watch but he's getting all the wrong ideas and now thinks I should walk 2 paces behind him at all times!! What a boy he is!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I can't wait for the next ultrasound either!!!! With childbirth, whatever happens happens & you kinda have to go with the flow. If you need to be monitored closely, you may need to be in bed the entire time & then pain meds are definitely a good idea!! If all is good & well & you can walk around & get in the shower & all that while you're in labor, then you can probably go drug free... I wouldn't rule anything out b/c it's totally unpredictable!