03 March 2007

Dr. Knitter

I have not had much time for knitting lately. I just *successfully* defended my dissertation, I'm now a Dr.! I know, you're all very jealous. The best part of being a Dr. . . .I'm finally able to get some knitting done. I got a little done on the baseball sweater for my husband and I'm working on a pair of fetching mittens that I can wear at work since they don't seem to heat my side of the building.
I finished the first mitten this afternoon:

And here's a picture of it in action:

I like it and it's a quick knit, but there is no shaping and I think it pulls across the palm a bit more than I'd like. One day I'll learn how to adjust patterns, but until then I guess I have to suck it up. That's it for now. I'll post a picture of a piece of the baseball sweater once I finish the front/back (I forget which one I'm working on). I've got about 14 inches of the 17 before the arm holes. I'm making progress, kind of.