09 November 2006

Charity auction craziness

I don't have any pictures to post. I know, what fun is a blog posting with no pictures. Well, i will point you in the direction of a blog with lots of pictures:

Jasmine Trust Charity Auction

I've been working on putting together a website for an auction to benefit the Jasmine Trust. Peopl ehave donated so much stuff for the auction. I personally have my eye on a piece of jewelry and a hat.

I'm in full out Christmas knitting mode. I told myself I wasn't going to knit this Christmas, being that I'm attempting to finish my doctoral degree, but who knows when that will actually happen. But, I'm making little knit washclothes and then I'm going to make some handmade soap to put in them and that will be all the girl presents (well most of them at least). I'll actually have to shop for the boys. Unfortunately the number of boys I have to shop for has increased dramatically when I married my boy. He's got his dad and 3, yes 3, brothers. Gift certificates for the lot of them! They don't care anyway and I don't have the time to go shopping.

My niece will be getting a special present this year. I'm knitting her a pink bag that will be felted. It should be pretty cool cause I'm adding ribbon as I knit, we'll just have to wait and see what that will look like felted. I'm also thinking of doing a few other special knitted items for Christmas, but I'm waiting for yarn and needles that were ordered online before I can decide if I have time for them.

Pictures of my washclothes and my nieces bag will be up soon.