08 March 2006

Too much to do!

Well, I finally finished a hat, mitten, and scarf set for myself. I think that it's adorable, however my husband thinks the little thing on the top of the hat is silly. The sillier the hat the better!

Yarn: Colinette Prism, velvet leaf accent on scarf in moss
Pattern: Iris hat and mittens from Colinette Artyfacts book

Despite his thinking I only knit silly things, my husband requested a simple watch cap, so I gladly obliged.

Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, Ink

Pattern: Ribbed Watch Cap http://www.vintageknits.com/hat.html

Needles: Size 8

Now that he has a hat, he needs a scarf, of course! It's going to be 19 inches of reversible cables, 18 inches of ribbing, and another 19 inches of cables. I'm about 9 inches into it. It will probably not be done in time for him to wear it this year, but I'll try.

Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride, Cream

Pattern: Reversible Cable Seaman Style Scarf http://www.cu-needleworks.com/Patterns/Scarves/DoctorScarf/doctorscarf.htm

Needles: Size 8

My last recent project was a little quilt for the puppy that I've been watching for a week now. She absolutely loved the rag quilt that my mom sent to me so I thought I'd make her one to take home with her. It took all over 3 or 4 hours to complete. It was fun to get a little quilting in. Now I just have to clean up the craft room enough so I can find some of the other projects I had started.
Well, that's it for now. I am going to keep working on my husband's seaman scarf and a baby quilt I'm making for my cousin. That blanket is no where near done, but I still have a few more months.